Banana Bread

8:55 PM Posted by Geoff


This is my favorite Banana Bread recipe, and I got it from my Grandmother's collection.

To me, holiday breads like banana and zucchini are such a novelty because they're out of season, and they taste fabulous when it's cold and snowy outside.







Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla (or 1 1/2 tsp imitation)
  • 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Directions:

Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs and the rest of your wet ingredients.  Then add your combined dry ingredients.   Mix only until well blended, stir in nuts if so desired and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.

I make large loaves for myself and family, but for shipping I make mini loaves.   I buy the small aluminum tins at the grocery store and they are perfect for mailing.   I simply leave each loaf in its tin, wrap with foil and freeze.  When I assemble the mailing boxes I wrap them in colored cellophane and "Voila!" they're gorgeous and ready to go! 

1 comments:

  1. Kyle Leach said...

    Geoff, this resembles my mom's banana bread recipe. I know hers also adds walnuts, but I'd have to consult the actual recipe to find the other differences. Stan(my husband)loves banana bread. Most of the time I double the recipe we consume it so quickly.

Post a Comment