Jills P'nut Butter Balls

8:42 PM Posted by Geoff


I received this recipe from my bosses wife inbetween my college days.   I was working at a restaurant supply store and she made these for the staff every christmas.  

I LOVE these, and although I don't know where she got the recipe from originally, I can't help but give her the credit, even though I wish I had a better name for them.





Ingredients:

  • 1 stick butter or margerine
  • 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 cups Rice Crispies cereal
  • Dipping chocolate for coating
Directions:

Mix dough ingredients by hand, and form into one inch balls.   (coat your hands with a small bit of butter and it won't stick so much). Insert a toothpick in each ball for dipping, and then place the balls in the freezer while you slowly melt the dipping chocolate.  

Lay a sheet of waxed paper on the counter (I wet the counter with a washcloth so the paper doesn't slip around) and you're ready to begin.  

Dip the balls and set on the paper.   Once the chocolate loses it's gloss I remove the toothpick and then with a small spoon, I dab a drop of chocolate on the hole left by the toothpick, then I place a silver or gold dragee on top and they're done!   If you do this assembly line style it goes really fast  (Dip all at once, remove the toothpicks all at once and dab the choclate etc)

This candy can be frozen ahead of time, it keeps perfectly,  and it tastes absolutely wonderful. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment